Communication Between Parents & Teachers
At Godolphin Junior School we pride ourselves on the strength of our communication with parents. We ensure that you know what is happening in school by the following methods:-
- Regular newsletters
- Letters home
- Home/School reading records
- Curriculum bulletins
What happens if you have a query about your child?
Please feel free to ask us about any concerns you have even if they seem very small. It is easier to deal with issues before they become major concerns.
If you have a concern about your child this is the line of enquiry you should follow
- Speak to the class teacher (although they won't be able to speak to you first thing in the morning, they will make an appointment to speak to you after school)
- Make an appointment to speak to the Assistant Head teacher at the School Office
- Make an appointment to speak to the Head teacher at the School Office
Please do not miss any of these steps out as Mrs Singh will obviously speak to the class teacher anyway to see what the problem is and what they have done about it.
Remember teachers cannot sort out a problem if they don't know about it!
The following is the order of strategies that you should follow should you wish to make a complaint
- Talk to the class teacher
- Talk to the Assistant Head Teacher
- Talk to the Head Teacher
- Make representations to the Governing Body personally , or in writing to
Mrs P Meredith
Chair of Governors
c/o Godolphin Junior School